Wednesday 1 February 2012

....hmmmmmmm

Just before I start following my favorite blogs, I am going to document what I have in my head right now...

So I am at work, just as I sent the proposal/presentation I have been working on today to my boss to review, I logged on to my YouTube account. Scrolling down, something caught my eyes "JUNGLE JUSTICE GIVEN TO A GANG OF ARMED ROBBERS AT UGHOTON NEAR WARRI" so I decided to watch it....

Armed robbers came to my house a few weeks ago 'on Wednesday 18th of  January 2012' to be precise, very early in the morning... thank God our doors were properly locked and our visitors over the holiday period had all gone back to their respective locations, it could have been a very bloody first time experience...(ha THANK GOD AGAIN OH!)....

After that day's encounter was relayed to my dad by the security men, alot of things changed, curfew was now 8pm, No1 could leave the house till 6:30am... I live in Ikeja and I work in VI; on a good day I leave the house between 5:45 and 6:15 am, so as to get to work before resumption time which is 8.00am. With this strict movement restriction, trust I have been getting to work extremely late and taking the ridiculous walk of shame from the door to my seat which is a good few steps at past 9.00am (not so cool).

Also, my house does not look the same again as alot has changed just so we can be safe from these people who go around forcefully reaping where they did not sow. I have been very angry with them and myself, because whether I admit it or not I feel partly responsible for exposing and making my house vulnerable to these people...(talk for another time)

...but as I watched this clip, I felt pity for these people... and I am conveniently/ openly blaming our government and Leaders both past and present for the situation our youths find themselves.

A considerably large amount of them are unemployed, no jobs, no money but yet surrounded by our leaders who are rich fat off the allocations meant to make life considerable bearable to these people. They dine and wine in massive corruption and leave the people who actually hustle and work hard for the wealth they managed to acquire legitimately, suffer as a result of the misconception "every considerably comfortable person in Nigeria in this day and time under this same condition must be politically inclined hence a thief" in the minds of the people.

I can't really see a solution to this issue of armed robbery .... in the same way I find it really hard to predict a positive future for Nigeria...

I would just keep praying and following the principles set out in the bible for Breakthrough and Prosperity so that I and Mine are sorted (I don't mean to sound selfish) and also intercede for the people...

PEACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment